August 2, 2018
Citizens encouraged to get involved on Boards and Commissions
Released: 9:30 a.m.
Winnipeg, MB – The City of Winnipeg is accepting applications for positions on various Boards and Commissions until October 19, 2018.
The City Clerk’s Department initiates an annual selection process to fill citizen member positions to Boards and Commissions on which there are imminent or existing vacancies.
Applications are now being accepted to fill vacancies on the following boards:
- Access Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Citizen Equity Committee
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres Board of Directors
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Library Advisory Committees
- Records Advisory Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St. James-Assiniboia Pioneer Association (Grant’s Old Mill)
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee for Safety
- Winnipeg Food Council
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Police Board
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Canadian citizens who reside in Winnipeg and who are entitled to vote in municipal elections are eligible to apply for these positions. Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19, 2018 or postmarked no later than Friday, October 19, 2018.
Interested citizens are asked to visit the following link for more information and to apply online or access application forms at City of Winnipeg – 2019 Citizen Appointments to Boards & Commissions.
Published at Thu, 02 Aug 2018 11:30:00 -0400