Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responds to fire on Lipton Street
Released: 11:22 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At 7:56 p.m. on Monday, January 25, 2021, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to reports of a fire in a home in the 800 block of Lipton Street.
When crews arrived on scene, they launched an offensive attack, declaring the fire under control at 8:30 p.m.
All occupants safely self-evacuated before crews arrived. Crews searched the home and confirmed there were no people inside. Paramedics assessed one patient on scene but no transportation to hospital was required.
No damage estimates are available. Preliminary observations suggest the cause of the fire was accidental in nature and related to cooking.
Residents are reminded of the following safety strategies:
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking. Stove burners should always be turned off when you leave the kitchen, even if it’s for a short time.
- Anything that can catch fire – oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains – should be kept away from the stovetop.
- Heat oil slowly. If cooking oil catches fire and the fire is small and manageable, use a kitchen fire extinguisher or cover the pot with a metal lid. Never use water to put out an oil fire.
View original article here Source