Toby Enstrom doesn’t sound like a guy who is interested in finding a new hockey home.
As the veteran Winnipeg Jets defenceman met with the media for the first time since suffering a season-ending injury on March 8, the discussion turned to off-season and he was asked directly if he’s been asked by management to waive his no-movement clause – which would allow the Jets to expose him in the June expansion draft for the Vegas Golden Knights.
“The season’s just finished and we haven’t had any conversation about the future or anything,” said Enstrom, who had one goal and 14 points in 60 games this season while averaging just under 22 minutes of ice time per game. “You know, I’ve been in this franchise for 10 years and I’m happy here and I’m excited to see where this team is going. I said earlier this is a team I believe should be in the playoffs, and I’m proud every night I get to put this jersey on.”
Enstrom was also asked if he was angry about the hit from behind he took from Pittsburgh Penguins enforcer Tom Sestito.
“Stuff like that unfortunately happens and it happened to me but you know what, I’ll be back playing next year,” said Enstrom, who had knee surgery in late March. “I feel great, I do. So I’m moving the right way and I’ll get the summer to heal up and come back next year healthy.”