We embrace the cold — especially when it comes in multiple flavours.Manitoba is the Slurpee Capital of the World for the 20th year in a row, according to 7-Eleven Canada.‘Tobans gulp down more slurpees per capita than anywhere else on the planet, despite wicked winters and six months of cold every year.READ MORE: Stretch of Winnipeg street to be named ‘Slurpee Way’The store is also celebrating a milestone of their own — 50 years in Canada. The first store opened in Calgary on June 29, 1969 and now has 548 stores across the country.“Slurpee has been the centerpiece of so many Canadian memories and we’re very proud to continue to grow with our country for years to come,” said Doug Rosencrans, GM of 7-Eleven Canada in a statement.
- David Milgaard among speakers at Winnipeg wrongful conviction conference
- Winnipeg’s largest hospital adding dozens more support staff, nurses to help with overcapacity
- Winnipeg Jets Post Game Reaction – Jan. 17
- Smoke fills Kenora sky after apparent fire near lakeside hotel
- National anthem sung in Ojibwe at Winnipeg Jets game