It might not be love – it might be a scam.As Valentine’s Day approaches, RCMP are urging caution for people looking for love on the romantic holiday. Scammers “love” to go online and extort people on dating sites with so-called “romance scams,” they said.In 2018, some 760 victims in Canada reported losses of more than $22.5 million to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, surpassing all other types of fraud.
- Manitoba fire crews on alert due to dry conditions
- Winnipeg police threatened with weapons, assaulted several times over May long weekend
- Team Canada athletes from Winnipeg talk cheer
- Long weekend madness for Winnipeg police, as officers face multiple assaults, threats
- How Indigenous midwives help reconnect women with culture and pregnancy care