It might not be love – it might be a scam.As Valentine’s Day approaches, RCMP are urging caution for people looking for love on the romantic holiday. Scammers “love” to go online and extort people on dating sites with so-called “romance scams,” they said.In 2018, some 760 victims in Canada reported losses of more than $22.5 million to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, surpassing all other types of fraud.
- Slime sold in Selkirk recalled over chemical hazard: Health Canada
- Makers of Zantac, generic versions of drug halt distribution in Canada due to contamination concerns
- Winnipeg Ice select inaugural leadership group
- Could the use of plastic bags be on the way out in Manitoba?
- Winnipeggers worry about downtown safety