Lace up your skates, the pond has frozen over.Assiniboine Park‘s Riley Family Duck Pond has announced they’re welcoming skaters starting Friday.The skating pond is a one-stop destination for those looking to take in an afternoon or evening full of winter activities.READ MORE: Asessippi Ski Area and Resort officially opens FridayThe skating pond sits beside a shelter that’s open from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. daily, which is equipped with accessible washrooms, picnic tables, and a fireplace.Late night skating is encouraged as the pond is surrounded by lighting.READ MORE: The Forks’ Canopy Rink officially opens for the seasonThe Assiniboine Park recommends that families bring a sled, as the the pond is also surrounded by a toboggan hill.Hungry little ones can fuel up at the Park Cafe, open for breakfast and lunch.WATCH: A new exhibit at Assiniboine Zoo is rather buggy.
- Scheifele gets go-ahead goal to life Jets over Panthers
- Fatal fire in Plumas, Man. caused by careless cooking: fire commissioner
- Heavy police presence in Winnipeg’s West End
- High water, ice jams: Community north of Winnipeg dealing with ‘unprecedented’ conditions
- ‘It’s like a new chance’: Recovering meth user faces new challenges after overcoming addiction