Lace up your skates, the pond has frozen over.Assiniboine Park‘s Riley Family Duck Pond has announced they’re welcoming skaters starting Friday.The skating pond is a one-stop destination for those looking to take in an afternoon or evening full of winter activities.READ MORE: Asessippi Ski Area and Resort officially opens FridayThe skating pond sits beside a shelter that’s open from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. daily, which is equipped with accessible washrooms, picnic tables, and a fireplace.Late night skating is encouraged as the pond is surrounded by lighting.READ MORE: The Forks’ Canopy Rink officially opens for the seasonThe Assiniboine Park recommends that families bring a sled, as the the pond is also surrounded by a toboggan hill.Hungry little ones can fuel up at the Park Cafe, open for breakfast and lunch.WATCH: A new exhibit at Assiniboine Zoo is rather buggy.
- ‘We’ll never forget her’: Walking to remember Winnipeg woman murdered in 2011
- Commandos Motorcycle Club holds rally for Deer Lodge Centre
- Man arrested after allegedly texting threats, firing shotgun downtown
- Winnipeg police arrest 37-year-old man after shots fired Friday morning
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers move to 5-0 after crushing Redblacks