Centre on Aging 36th Annual Spring Research Symposium and Workshop: May 6 The Centre on Aging will host their 36th Annual Spring Research Symposium on 8:45 am–4 pm, 727 McDermot Avenue, (Brodie Atrium) University of Manitoba. This year’s topics will focus on Deprescribing medications; Late life depression; Media coverage of violence in older adults; Long-term care in Manitoba; Dance program for people with dementia; Reducing falls; and Birds, navigation, and aging. Read about the presentation session online: http://umanitoba.ca/centres/aging/events/384.html There is no cost to attend the Spring Research Symposium. The registration form is available on the Web site through to April 26. For more information, visit us at umanitoba.ca/aging or call our office at 204-474-8754.
- Islanders visit the Jets following overtime victory
- HIGHLIGHTS: MMJHL Pembina Valley vs St. Boniface – Oct. 16
- Inquest called into death of man shot and killed by Winnipeg police
- Section of Empress Street to be closed Friday
- A sign of gratitude: Portage residents giving thanks to hydro workers who restored power