Crown Attorney Jenifer Mann said on Wednesday that there was ‘significant proof’ that the babies left to decompose in a storage locker by Winnipeg woman Andrea Giesbrecht were either late term or full term and born alive – a point disputed by the defence, who argued they may have been stillborn.
- Crash on Winnipeg’s Main Street was fatal, say police
- COVID-19 cases confirmed at two more Winnipeg schools
- WFPS to investigate ‘unacceptable behaviours’ on social media
- ‘A knife and a purpose’: Lawyers deliver closing arguments in trial of Winnipeg man accused in fatal stabbing
- Winnipeg police respond to collision along Main Street