One person is in critical condition after an apartment complex fire late this afternoon.Winnipeg fire crews say they responded to a call of a blaze in the 200 block of Fountain Street around 5 p.m.READ MORE: Unattended cooking believed to be cause of latest Winnipeg fireOnce on scene, they found four people leaning out of windows on the second floor.Firefighters used ladders on the ground to rescue them.At the same time, crews launched an offensive attack and entered the building where they found someone unconscious.That person was rescued from the building and taken to hospital in critical condition.One other person was assessed on scene. No other injuries were reported.READ MORE: Selkirk Avenue homes evacuated as fire engulfs vacant houseThe fire was declared under control about 50 minutes after the crews arrived,There are no damage estimates or a cause of the fire at this time.
- Winnipeg group calling for an end to police officers in schools
- Missing woman found safe following family search
- Council could look at making ‘open streets’ permanent
- Sisters of the accused testify at the trial in the death of a Winnipeg foster home manager
- Frustrated Winnipegger rescinds offer of free school zone lights, arguing city bureaucracy