Humboldt Broncos player Layne Matechuk made a return to the ice rink on Tuesday, January 8, for the first time since being injured in a fatal crash in which the team’s bus collided with a transport truck on April 6, 2018. Matechuk, 18, suffered a brain injury in the incident and spent the first month after the crash in a coma.
- Police close Ellice near Portage Place
- Winnipeg Airports Authority concerned over proposed residential developments near Polo Park
- Coalition calls on city to increase funds to save tree canopy
- Winnipeg police union files grievance over city’s proposed changes to pension plan
- Winnipeg neighbourhood scratching their heads over sod