Quick takeThe Fort Whyte riding was created from scratch in 1999 out of parts of Tuxedo, Fort Garry, and St. Norbert because of population growth in southwest Winnipeg. The riding has consistently elected Progressive Conservative MLAs, including premier Brian Pallister, who was elected in 2012.
- City of Winnipeg unwilling to pay $20M to save Portage Place redevelopment
- Ex-officer suing RCMP says she didn’t understand racism until joining force
- Man caught going more than triple the speed claims he was kidnapped: RCMP
- Man caught going more than triple the speed limit claims he was kidnapped: RCMP
- ‘We can’t continue to live in fear’: Premier backs campaign urging Canadians to visit Manitoba