Quick takeThe Fort Whyte riding was created from scratch in 1999 out of parts of Tuxedo, Fort Garry, and St. Norbert because of population growth in southwest Winnipeg. The riding has consistently elected Progressive Conservative MLAs, including premier Brian Pallister, who was elected in 2012.
- Holocaust survivor’s son tells father’s story in his own words at Winnipeg Holocaust remembrance
- 58-year-old skates for over 19 hours straight
- Woman dies, 3 escape from burning home in northern Manitoba
- Fatal fire kills 1, sends 2 to hospital in Thompson: RCMP
- Kobe Bryant left deep legacy in L.A. sports, basketball world