The Winnipeg ICE won’t be wasting any time developing an inter-provincial rivalry with Brandon.The ICE will open their 2019 WHL exhibition schedule against the Wheat Kings on Friday, Sept. 6 at Westoba Place in Brandon. The following night on Sept. 7, the two teams will square off at Stride Place in Portage La Prairie.READ MORE: Top NHL prospect Peyton Krebs suffers Achilles injuryTickets for the Sept. 7 game are available now and can be purchased online at winnipegice.ca. Adult tickets are $15 while tickets for children 12 and under are $8 (includes all taxes and fees). There will be no assigned seating for the game.READ MORE: Winnipeg ICE show off new training center during development campThe ICE will play a doubleheader in Saskatoon Sept. 13-14 before opening their 2019-20 regular season the following weekend. A team spokesperson says an announcement on Winnipeg’s 68-game schedule will be made in late June.
- Winnipeggers worry about downtown safety
- Province Taking Action to Address Safety in Downtown Winnipeg
- Former Humboldt Bronco opens up about mental health: ‘It’s OK to not be OK’
- Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Paul Maurice on the possible retirement of Dustin Byfuglien
- Another soaking on the way as the soggy September continues in southern Manitoba