November 28, 2017
Impact Fee Working Group holds first meeting
Released: 1:20 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – Today, the Impact Fee Working Group held its first meeting to advise on the impact fee’s implementation during the phase-in period. Members of the working group will provide elected officials and members of the Public Service with recommendations regarding rates and their manner of application, as well as input into the OurWinnipeg review and projects funded from revenue generated by the impact fee in an advisory role.
“As we move forward with the phased-in implementation of the impact fee, it was important to have input from industry stakeholders and community groups,” said Councillor John Orlikow, Chair of the Impact Fee Working Group. “The advice and input gathered from members of the working group through collaborative process will help us develop a better, more equitable, implementation process.”
Working group membership is comprised of up to 10 members from industry and community stakeholder groups, including one representative from City Council. Members of the Public Service will provide support to the working group.
The following persons are members of the Impact Fee Working Group:
- Andrew Konowalchuk, University of Manitoba
- Don Larke, Hopewell Development
- Karen Lund, Morguard Investments
- Marty Maykut, Price Industries
- Kevin McGarry, Cushman & Wakefield
- Lanny McInnes, Manitoba Home Builders’ Association
- Keith Merkel, EdgeCorp Developments
- Councillor John Orlikow, City of Winnipeg
- Menno Peters, Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Eric Vogan, Urban Development Institute
- Don White, Colliers International
Members of the working group were selected to represent a range of professional knowledge and experience from land development and real estate professionals, industry associations, and non-profit and community organizations.
For more information, please visit City of Winnipeg – Impact Fee.
Published at Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:20:00 -0500